Code of Conduct
IFMA is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for participants at all our events, whether held in person or virtually. Your registration or attendance at any IFMA event indicates your agreement to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
All attendees, exhibitors, speakers, IFMA staff, vendors and participants of any capacity will:
- Conduct themselves in a businesslike, professional manner.
- Be considerate, respectful and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials and speech.
- Alert conference organizers if you are being harassed or notice that someone else is being harassed.
IFMA expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination of any form based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or perceived disability (physical or mental), family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Examples of conduct prohibited by this Code of Conduct include, without limitation:
- Sexist, racist, homophobic or other discriminatory jokes, slurs, insults or comments.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or disability.
- Unwelcome sexual advances, whether verbal or physical, display of sexualized images, talking, whether in person or online.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Taking of photos within the event environment for use on social media, without the prior permission of the individuals or owners of the content therein.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors or exhibitors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
What to Do if You Witness or are Subjected to Unacceptable Behavior
Anyone who witnesses or is subjected to unacceptable behavior should notify a conference organizer at once. IFMA shall be the sole and final judge of what does or does not fall into acceptable or unacceptable behavior and/or content.
We expect all conference participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
Sign up for your spot at World Workplace now!
Don’t miss your chance to attend the best facility management conference in the world. Reserve your seat or booth today to be part of this unforgettable experience.
Get updates about the event