Deeper Dives are in-depth, interactive sessions. Spend three to four hours immersed in a topic of importance to your responsibilities or your career.
Deeper Dive Sessions
New for 2019!
Can’t attend Tuesday’s “Disaster Experience” Deeper Dive? This session will be offered again on Thursday, Oct. 17.
Tuesday Oct. 15, 1 – 4:15 PM | Thursday Oct. 17, 1:45 – 5 PM
The Disaster Experience for Facility Managers (A Tabletop Exercise)
Option 1: Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2018 1- 4:15 p.m.
Option 2: Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018 1:45 – 5 p.m.
This simulation places you in the throes of real-life disaster situations, as they unfold. You will make critical decisions and deal with the consequences of those decisions! Afterwards, you’ll have a greater understanding of the importance of advance disaster and continuity planning.
Chances are that while you read this, an unexpected disaster is causing a facility manager stress and confusion. Was the FM prepared? Will the facility recover? Disasters of every shape, size, look and feel happen all the time, affecting businesses, people’s jobs, lives and families. Never be caught unprepared again.
- Overview of the principles of emergency management
- Discussion of the disaster scenario and the ground rules
- Disaster simulation (role-play)
- Post disaster debriefing and discussion
Bob Mellinger, CBCV, is the founder and president of Attainium Corp., which delivers business continuity, emergency preparedness and crisis management services.
Mellinger is a frequent speaker on the topics of business continuity, contingency planning, emergency preparedness and crisis management, delivering sessions ranging from The Basics of Continuity Planning to the Impact of Today’s Threats and Hazards, as well as customized, interactive mock-disaster tabletop exercises known as the Disaster Experience.
Oh, the Places Your FM Career Can Go…Be Strategic About the Training and Personal Development Decisions You Make to Advance Your Career
Tuesday, Oct. 15, 1 – 5 p.m.
Phoenix Convention Center, Room 129
“You’re off to great places! Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting. So, get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
What does your future in the facility management profession look like? Where do you want to take your FM career, and how do you get there? Are you prepared for the journey? The possibilities open to you are vast — you just need direction. With a Career Map, you’ll clearly see the great places you can go and the possible achievements you can make. Discover how to recognize the true value you currently bring to the table and how to steer those skills toward a rewarding future.
- Recognize that you can’t make the journey alone and rejoice in the fact that you don’t have to. Discover the power of building a support infrastructure.
- Skills are like miles on a speedometer — the more you have, the farther you go. Better understand how to optimize professional development resources to expand your career.
- You’re going in so many different directions, you haven’t had time to strategically think about advancing your career. We’ll create a career action plan based on your current position and desired future.
- Avoid speedbumps. Learn how the IFMA Foundation’s new Facility Management Training and Development Framework initiative can be used to get you where you need to go.
After enjoying almost 30 years in different facility management roles, Teena Shouse, CFM, IFMA Fellow is enjoying teaching, speaking and an occasional FM consulting project. Her leadership as chair of both the IFMA and Global FM board of directors enabled her to influence the FM industry on a global basis. Her technical expertise developed as the GM of Employee Services at Sprint HQ and as Vice President of Client Services for Facility Engineering Associates.
2019 Participating Partners
See the latest tweets from @IFMA