Advance Your Career with the Must-have Credentials for Your Profession
Oct. 14-17, 2017
Hilton Americas, Houston, TX
Instructor-led knowledge- and skill-building courses for those interested in continuing FM education and/or achieving one of three globally recognized credentials: CFM®, FMP® and SFP®. Held in conjunction with IFMA’s World Workplace, the pre-conference is a convenient way to meet your professional development goals in one place, at one time.
All prices shown are in US dollars.
Facility Management Professional™ Courses
Begin or complete program requirements for your FMP. The courses offered will help you understand and apply the FM knowledge and skills expected by today’s employers. Improve your job performance, add value to your position and enhance your credibility as a facility professional. Learn more.
“The quality and relevance of the FMP course material is excellent. The course content, layout and real world application is very pertinent to the work I perform every day.” – Jaret Leah, FMP, Bus.Mgt.Dipl, Site Coordinator Property Management, Facility Management, The City of Calgary
Sustainability Facility Professional® Overview
The SFP Overview is a 2-day introduction to key concepts covered in the SFP Learning System. Each SFP Overview attendee will receive a SFP Learning System to continue self-study after the session. Attendees can complete the SFP focus area and assessments, and earn their SFP, at their own pace. Learn more.
“The knowledge you gain from the SFP will turn into dollars and cents for your organization.” – Joe Lampinen, SFP, LEED GA, Green Manufacturing Specialist
Certified Facility Manager® Exam Prep Courses
Prepare to earn the most respected certification in FM. Choose the one-day CFM Exam Prep Workshop or the three-day CFM Exam Prep Workshop Plus. Taught by experienced CFMs, both workshops present tools and techniques that can lead to success on the exam. Learn more.
- Three-day Workshop Plus: Includes valuable FM Learning System materials addressing two competency areas. Deepen your understanding of these key areas, review terms and definitions, and reference information well after the exam. Developed by IFMA and a team of subject matter experts, the FM Learning System covers the updated facility management body of knowledge.
- One-day Exam Prep Workshop: Review the methodology of the competency-based exam, practice applying critical thinking skills and discuss the rationales used in practice exam questions.
“Certification has brought me increased recognition by both senior management and my peers. It’s the best thing I've done for my career in a long time." – Patricia A. Holden, CFM, Associate Director, Facilities Management, Quintiles Inc., San Diego, Calif.
Essentials of FM Workshops
Explore the roles, responsibilities and core competencies that make up the facility management profession. Examine realistic workplace situations in the global marketplace. IFMA's Essentials of FM Workshops will help you grow in the FM profession and better communicate with members of your FM department or team. Learn more.
|Oct. 15-17, 2017
||Essentials of Facility Management Workshop (3-day)
- Introduction to FM and Essentials of FM: Operations and Maintenance Workshop Series
- Work Management in Facilities Workshop Series
Building Codes, Regulations & Standards Workshop
Creating and maintaining safe, secure, healthy, and productive work environments is a vital function of any facilities organization. Whether you are a facility manager, property manager, or building engineer/professional, understanding and breaking through the complexity of relevant laws, codes, regulations, and standards to provide safe working environments is critical.
This dynamic and energetic one-day workshop will focus will on discussing the operational and technical aspects of delivering safe, secure, healthy and productive facilities. The workshop is designed to provide an effective overview and fundamentals to break through the complexity of international standards, national regulations, and building codes. It will focus on FM-relevant compliance and workplace safety issues that impact facilities. The workshop will address important adoption and enforcement issues as well as how to avoid compliance related violations.
- Understand why awareness of regulations, codes and standards is a vital part of any facility manager’s job.
- Understand important aspects and how to get details of relevant regulations, codes, and standards that impact the safe operation of facilities.
- Understand best practices to providing a safe workplace and maintaining compliance.
|Oct. 17, 2017
||Building Codes, Regulations & Standards Workshop